Critics Review the New 2017 Civic Type R
The Type R bloodline continues with the most powerful front wheel drive hot hatch in the world. The new 2017 model recently broke the Nürburgring front-wheel drive car record with a time of 7min 43.8 sec.
Raw power from a refined yet high revving 2.0-litre VTEC TURBO engine will trigger all your senses. It’s the most extreme, high-performance engine we’ve ever built for a Type R and it is complemented by three new driving modes: ‘Comfort’, ‘Sport’ and a track-focused ‘+R’ mode. They allow you to adapt the Type R’s response to different surfaces and conditions - whether on the road or the racetrack.
- Bold Styling: New from the ground up, the 2017
- Type R is a charismatic hot hatch with muscular, athletic body styling.
- Shaped to perform: A more aggressive stance with enhanced aerodynamics delivers a thrilling and engaging driving experience.
- Exclusive Alloys: The wide wheel arches hug the imposing and impressive 20” alloys.
- Holding the road: Under the track-honed exterior is a new suspension design for confident, sure-footed handling.
Here’s what the critics have to say:
"Once upon a time, Honda made the world’s greatest front-drive car in the shape of the Integra Type-R. Well, they’ve done it again." - Top Gear
"The Honda Civic Type-R is the greatest advocate of old-fashioned – and affordable – driving pleasure we’ve experienced in years." - GQ
"When it comes to simply being a hatchback, the Type R is up there with the best." - Auto Express - 5 stars
"Probably the most capable front-wheel drive car in production today." - Autocar – 4 stars
"From its barking mad styling to its eat-you-alive performance, the Honda Civic Type R has always been the Rottweiler of the hot hatch world... eating red meat for breakfast and going from nothing to DEFCON1 in the blink of an eye." - What Car? – 5 stars