Junior Credit Controller - Letchworth
Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise Company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan, Skoda & Kia in West London & Hertfordshire areas. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and 'being the best'. We recognise that all our employees are individuals and embrace the ideas and variety that this brings. Our policy is to employ a diverse and flexible workforce that reflect our customers and potential customers requirements and we aim to train every employee to achieve and deliver customer excellence in everything they do.
Junior Credit Controller
Salary: Meets national minimum wage
Location: Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
Hours: Monday to Friday – 40 Hours per week (flexible between the hours of 7.30am to 6.30pm)
We are currently looking for a trainee credit controller to join our fast growing group accounts team. The main purpose of the role is to look after the daily banking into business and ensure all debtors are chased on a daily basis. The successful candidate will need a positive attitude and the ability to see tasks through to conclusion.
The role offers the opportunity to work within our busy accounts department and build valuable knowledge and experience in accounts and finance.
- Send out credit application forms, obtain references and open new accounts when authorised.
- Calculate the banking daily
- Run and send out statements
- Chase overdue debts and follow up on overdue accounts..
- Sort and enter sales invoices into respective day books. Total each month and send out invoices.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Responsible for warranty payments keeping the register up to date and reporting any discrepancies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience within an administrative or office environment is preferred.
- We are willing support AAT Qualification for the right individual
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft office
- High level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Organised with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Flexible team worker but also able to work alone
- Ability to communicate at all levels
In return we offer additional benefits such as flexible holiday, a child care voucher scheme, contributory pension scheme and our Norton Way rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK. Employees are also given preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce holding a quarterly employee award to further recognise and reward our top achievers.