Service Advisor - Nissan
Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise Company representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Suzuki, Nissan, Kia and Skoda in West London & Hertfordshire areas. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and 'being the best'. We recognise that all our employees are individuals and embrace the ideas and variety that this brings. Our policy is to employ a diverse and flexible workforce that reflect our customers and potential customers requirements and we aim through our workforce to train every employee to achieve and deliver customer excellence in everything they do.
We have various permanent vacancies available but we are specifically looking for the following position
Service Advisor - Nissan
Salary: £18,500 - £26,000 OTE (This will vary according to experience)
Location: Norton Way Nissan, Letchworth Garden City, Herts
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm, Alternate Saturday Mornings 8.00am – 12.30pm
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced service advisor to work within our busy Nissan aftersales department. The role involves arranging customer bookings for the workshop, ensuring all the necessary information is obtained and the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Assist with planning the forward capacity of the workshop by liaising with the workshop controller on the availability of labour, work in progress, internal work, etc.
- Correctly interpret customer or internal instructions and complete job cards/repair orders, etc. and pass them to the workshop
- Monitoring all work to ensure that it is completed by the times required and to report any likely delays to the customer as early as possible.
- To seek, record and communicate authority for any extra work required or parts to be ordered or fitted.
- Check, inspect and test incoming and outgoing vehicles and work including acting as quality controller, as required.
- Ensure that work done, parts and consumables used and tests carried out are accurately recorded on the job card/repair order. To cost the work and raise invoices. Raising, monitor and account for warranty claims, including the reimbursement of goodwill claims
- Ordering agreed parts from the parts department and to order agreed sub-contract work.
- Experience of working within a franchised service department is preferred, however whilst we value experience we are looking for the right people to help us achieve our goals, so we don’t just look at what you have done but what you are capable of doing. Full training both bespoke in house and manufacture training will be provided.
- Outstanding communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- Proficient IT skills and preferably previous experience with DMS systems, e.g. Kerridge.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of service to customers
- A self-starter who is able to work under their own initiative, multi task and achieve deadlines
- High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Strong Organisational skills and able to follow strict procedures
- Smart appearance
In return we offer additional benefits such as flexible holiday, a child care voucher scheme, contributory pension scheme and our Norton Way rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK. Employees are also given preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts. We take great pride in our workforce holding a monthly employee award to further recognise and reward our top achievers.
**A full UK driving licence is essential.