Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise dealer group representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan, Skoda & Kia in Hertfordshire & West London. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and 'being the best'. We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, we aim to create an environment where everyone feels valued, happy and motivated to succeed and grow with the business.
Qualified Vehicle Technician - Mazda
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
Location: Letchworth Garden City, Herts
Hour: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. Every other Saturday 8.00am to 12 o clock.
We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Vehicle Technician to join our busy Mazda Workshop. Mazda is one of the most highly respected and recognisable brands in the automotive industry, we are fully committed to quality and excellence in everything that we do, as such a willingness to strive to be the best in everything you do is a must.
- Staff company car scheme, 2 cars available.
28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) plus the option to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday days.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK.
- Preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts.
- We take great pride in our workforce hosting an annual awards ceremony to further recognise and reward our top achievers.
- Carry out diagnostics, inspections, repairs and services to vehicles following procedures and ensuring the highest possible standards are maintained.
- Completing road tests and signing off all the necessary warranty repairs.
- Interpret instructions from the job card/repair order, complying with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, check sheets, etc.
- Accurately report and record work done and tests carried out and to immediately report any further works required or vehicle faults.
- Instruct the parts department of the parts that are necessary for the repair
- Liaise with customers on technical/product matters
- Keep up-to-date with the most recent changes in technology, techniques and in the commercial developments
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
Qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
A full UK driving licence
- Ability to achieve high productivity and efficiency
- A high level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Team player with a positive and can do attitude
- Self-motivated and customer focused
- Excellent communication skills