Norton Way Motors Ltd is a multi-franchise dealer group representing Honda, Mazda, Peugeot, Nissan, Skoda & Kia in West London & Hertfordshire. The ethos behind Norton Way is focused on providing excellent customer service and 'being the best'. We recognise our employees are our most valuable asset, we aim to create an environment where everyone feels valued, happy and motivated to succeed and grow with the business
Truck and Trailer Driver (Customer Liaison Officer)
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Location: Arlesey, Beds
Hours:Both full time and fully flexible hours available, Monday to Friday (up to 48 hours per week), on a rota basis.
We are currently looking for a truck and trailer driver to work with our busy corporate department. The main purpose of this role will be to deliver and collect new and used vehicles. To complete a comprehensive professional handover of the vehicle, ensuring that we match the Delivery experience with the Customer’s expectations.
- Check truck and trailer completing daily check sheet, ensuring the load is secured correctly
- Use of driver card and digital recording equipment (i.e. Tachograph)
- Check that paperwork matches the vehicle
- Ensure the vehicle is taxed and correctly number plated
- Check fluid levels to include water, oil, screenwash and fuel and vehicle condition inside and out for cleanliness and damage
- Drive within legal constraints at all times and to show consideration to others
- Show competency, knowledge and efficiency when handing over vehicles and ensure paperwork or PDA is correctly completed and signed
- Experience of van/trailer driving is essential
- Full UK driving licence, Class C or C+ Driver
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to deliver exceptional levels of Customer services.
- Good understanding of local road networks and route planning
- Maintain smart appearance
In return we offer
- Staff company car scheme, 2 cars available.
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) plus the option to purchase up to 5 days additional holiday days.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Rewards portal offering retail discounts across the UK.
- Preferential rates on vehicle purchases, servicing and parts.
- We take great pride in our workforce hosting an annual awards ceremony to further recognise and reward our top achievers.